Pollard’s Chicken & Catering - Serving Virginia Beach, VA
For decades, Pollard’s has been offering quality home-style food at reasonable prices in Hampton Roads—including Virginia Beach, VA. The Pollard’s legacy started in February of 1967 when my father, Clyde W. Pollard, my brother Robert and I opened Pollard’s Chicken Ranch in Norfolk. Two years later, we dropped the “Ranch” from our name and became Pollard’s Chicken. Our business has always been family-oriented; my sisters Peggy and Elizabeth began helping out as soon as they were old enough to work. My sister Betty Ann Gravely and I now own the business, overseeing eight locations in Hampton Roads. The Pollard’s catering aspect of the franchise was actually started in my mother’s, Elizabeth C. Pollard’s, kitchen in 1953 (then called Betty Pollard’s Catering). Ever evolving with the times, Pollard’s has recently developed a website to allow customers to order meals and catering services online.
- Pollard’s has been known throughout Hampton Roads to offer the best quality food at reasonable prices along with the best catering in Virginia Beach, VA and surrounding areas.
- We use the freshest chicken, specially marinated for great flavor.
- We offer non-chicken specialties like seafood and pork BBQ. Check out our full menu here.
- Pollard’s was the “Best of Hampton Roads” Gold Winner voted by The Virginian-Pilot readers for 21 years straight. We’ve also won Gracious Living’s Taste Test as the “Best Fried Chicken” (2011). Plus, we’ve received countless other awards throughout the years.
- We support many local charities, but our main charity is the American Cancer Society. We have provided a free buffet for all cancer survivors (2,000 to 3,000 people each year) for the last 20 years for the local “Relay for Life” walks.